First off I want to thank my most wonderful husband for trying to keep everyone updated on what was going on throughout the day yesterday. And I want to thank everyone who has sent us their well wishes and congrats. We find ourselves to be very blessed today!
So what's been going on? Well, I'm still not sleeping much. Since about 1pm on Tuesday I think I've had about 3 hrs of sleep. I'm not sure how much better this is going to get since I'm in the hospital and we all know how comfortable that is! It turns out that we will be staying a little longer than planned. Without going into too much detail, I lost a lot of blood during the birthing process so they're going to hold on to me until Fri. or Sat. Xander was going to have to stay at least 48 hours for observation because of strep b anyway so I'm actually kind of happy I get to stay with him. The peds dr just came to talk to us to let us know that the little one has been having some trouble keeping his sugars up so they were putting him on an iv for probably the next 24 hrs. He told us not to worry, it was kind of typical for a baby who was so big and went through such a stressful birth. The downside is that he has to stay in the nursery as long as he's on the iv and I am in no kind of shape to head down there at this time. But! I tell myself this is all temporary and soon the 3 of us wil all be home.
I think that about takes care of it for now. We'll make sure to keep everyone updated and we definitely promise to post pics soon!
Thanks Again!
Kristan
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment